FREY : the first French real estate investment company to become an “Entreprise à mission”
FREY once again makes its mark in the French retail property sector by becoming the first real-estate investment company to adopt the “Entreprise à mission” status. The company has therefore integrated its mission statement – RESTORING RETAIL AS A SERVICE FOR THE COMMON GOOD – and the related social, societal and environmental commitments into its Articles of Association.
What is a “Entreprise à mission »?
A “Entreprise à mission” is a business that has adopted a “mission statement”, together with social, societal and environmental goals. It will therefore combine economic performance with contribution to the general interest.
Including a mission in the company’s Articles of Association is a significant action as it formally commits the executives and shareholders to deploy the necessary resources to pursue it.
At a time of considerable change in brick-and-mortar retail with a need for renewal, this choice reflects FREY’s ambition to use the company’s expertise to restore meaning and values to the retail trade, by building and managing welcoming, resilient, multi-purpose sites that are profitable to regions. The Group firmly believes that shopping is much more than a mere transaction and has therefore set itself three goals with the aim of RESTORING RETAIL AS A SERVICE FOR THE COMMON GOOD:
- Make retail a driver of urban diversity.
- Promote the role of retail in creating social link and local economic resilience.
- Make retail an accelerator of environmental transition.
FREY has set up a Mission Committee as a separate corporate body to monitor implementation of the mission, taking into consideration the interests of stakeholders that have a direct link with the Group’s activities. The Committee comprises seven members:
- NATHALIE PALLADITCHEFF, Chair of the Mission Committee, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ivanhoé Cambridge,
- CARINE STOEFFLER, Risk Manager at FREY,
- CLÉMENCE BECHU, Development Director of the urban planning and architects’ firm Bechu & Associés,
- ELISABETH LAVILLE, Founder of the consultancy Utopies, Director of B Lab France,
- FRANÇOIS LEMARCHAND, Founder of Nature & Découvertes and member of the FREY Board as independent director,
- ROBERT HERRMANN, politician and former President of Eurométropole de Strasbourg,
- CHRISTOPHE GAROT, CEO France of Bopro, a sustainability consulting firm.
North Strasbourg : Frey opens the doors to its Shopping Promenade Coeur Alsace
Shopping Promenade Claye-Souilly : the 3rd instalment pf the Frey open-air shopping centre concept open its doors